New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Monday, August 22, 2011

My Idol

When I first started out blogging, I did a family blog. I worked hard on that blog and I had fun with it as well. I never thought about writing about photography at the time. I had a blog that I used to read every day named dooce. I'm sure you know of this blogger (Heather Armstrong) and maybe you even read it.



Anyway, I think I liked her because she was doing what I wanted to do (be a blogger) and well known for it. She was my inspiration to work hard at blogging and I loved to hear about her life. After awhile, I decided to focus more on photography, which made me not have so much time for blogging about family issues.



When I decided to move to blogging about photography, I stumbled across a wedding photographer named, Jasmine Star. I began to read her blog every day and soon, Dooce was replaced with Jasmine. She is such a fun person and has such fun with her career. She incorporates humor in her posts and is very willing to share her wisdom with other photographers.



She helps me (by reading about her journey from being a shy person to a famous wedding photographer) to achieve my dreams photography related. When I'm feeling down about something, she usually has some similar experience so I find out that I'm not alone. It's always fun to live vicariously through another, hoping that some day you could achieve the same-or close to.



If you never heard of her (Jasmine Star), go over to her blog and check her out-even if you don't shoot weddings!





1 comments:

Ross said...

Thanks for the great post! I am an amateur photographer who's disabled. I have been thinking about a future in photography and am really encouraged by your site.