New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Photog Finds

Weekends for me usually are hectic, but this weekend will be fun. School starts on Monday, so I wanted to spend Saturday with my daughter, picking out some outfits for school and just chit chat. She's only six, but we have some very interesting convos! My teenage son, on the other hand, is at that stage where he doesn't want anything to do with mom. I still love him though. lol

Another event this weekend that I'm looking forward to is my granddaughter's first birthday!


We did a cake eating photo shoot yesterday.



She dug right in with no coaxing whatsoever. She was so tidy and neat about it, she barely moved as she concentrated on eating it. We were laughing so hard that I almost couldn't get any photos!


We finally had to stand her up to get some different poses. She's my little princess!


Anyway, I'm back to doing Friday Photog Finds and wanted the theme to be about children's photography.


Are you a children's photographer? I don't consider myself one, but I usually end up shooting children now and then and of course, I take my kid's photos. I know how it can be challenging taking photos of children.



My Friday Picks:



Workshop on DVD: Inside Contemporary Children's Photography with Tamara Lackey

Tamara Lackey is a talented photographer who has done more than 1000 children's sessions. She is very good at teaching as well, offering workshops around the world and also offers a workshop on a dvd! Great for those that can't afford to go to her workshops, or travel that distance to get to one.


This 90-minute DVD is simply one of the best investments you could make if children’s portraiture interests you.


Her book “The Art of Children’s Portrait Photography” is highly-rated as well and a great companion to this instructional DVD.

The DVD covers:


The basics of setting up the studio


Shooting


Selling


and more!


Watch as Tamara demonstrates positive interactions with her clients and subjects.this is an important talent to have if you are going to be a photographer. I love behind-the-scenes approach and if you do too, you will learn alot from her!


Workshop on DVD: Inside Contemporary Children's Photography with Tamara Lackey

-----------


Sandy Puc Creative Edge Kids tour


Sandy Puc is doing a 41 city tour on different ideas to use for studios, marketing, and prop ideas.


There's a workshop near me and I like the price- $69. I'm thinking about trying it out since I do newborn sessions.


--------


Shutter Buddies

Have you heard of these?


They are awesome!


These are design by an even more awesome lady, Leora.
They were made to hold little one's attention while taking their photo. I think they are simply adorable.


I have a surprise for you on Monday that just might involve these cute little Shutter Buddies, so please stop by and check it out!

0 comments: