New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A new addition

I keep telling myself that I need to get back to blogging, but it seems like there's always some photos to be edited, a dish to be washed, a kid to be fed. I used to be so good at keeping up with all my blogs and work at same time, but I've either gotten lazy, or just not focused.




With the kids going back to school next week, I hope that the load will lighten a bit and I can get back to business because I love this community that I built and don't want to lose you awesome readers.




With that, I have to show you what we "accidentally" got last weekend.
This is Sammy.

He is an early, early, early birthday present for my six year old, Emily. We saw him and couldn't resist.

If I didn't know better, I'd swear that this kitten was a dog in an early life. He waits by the front door. He begs for food (worse than the dogs do). And, he loves kids and lays next to your feet like a dog would. I've never seen a cat act like this before. I expected him to be bouncing off the walls and tearing up the curtains like kittens do. He does have his moments of chasing a fuzz ball across the floor, but he's very gentle. My husband is not a cat lover, so I was worried about them getting along, but the kitten has become attached to him and ended up winning him over.





The dogs don't like him very well, but they know that they are dead meat if they hurt him. We only had one episode when we came home and found all my papers that were on my computer tower scattered across the floor. Bella, our border collie looked guilty and cowered when we looked at her, so I think she must have tried to use the kitten as a chew toy. Nothing happened since then, so I'm hoping they at least tolerate each other.




So, not that I needed another thing to keep me busy, we now have a new member to the family!




4 comments:

Tara said...

what an adorable kitten!!

L. said...

ZOMG the cuteness!

Kimberly Gauthier, Dog Nutrition Blogger for Keep the Tail Wagging said...

First, ahhhhhhh
Second, I have an Aussie Cattledog/Border Collie mix. We have two dogs (siblings), Rodrigo (our BC) and Sydney, a cattledog/??? mix.

We have two cats: Jaffrey and Cosmo - they're finally (after over a year) coming to a fantastic understanding.

Actually, I think they came to an understanding a while ago, it just took us this long to catch up.

I'm so excited for you. Now get back to blogging!!! :)

Rebecca Kelley said...

Darling kitten!