New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Monday, August 15, 2011

Featured Vendor: Shutter Buddies-Giveaway!

This giveaway is now closed!

Winner is:


Breanne


Our Featured Vendor today is Leora from





She makes awesome lens accessories to help make kids smile while taking their photo. She is also giving away a Shutter Buddies (the Sun Buddy) to one lucky reader! Details after interview.












Tell us about yourself!


My name is Leora. I am proud Army wife and we have three kids. Two girls, one boy. We're pretty lucky since we were told at one point we probably wouldn't be able to have any. I enjoy making my products to keep me busy since the Army keeps my husband pretty busy. I also love reading, eating good food, college football and The Office. :) www.etsy.com/shop/shutterbuddies








What type of product do you offer to photographers?


I offer Shutter Buddies and photo props. My Shutter Buddies are the most popular of all the items in my shop. They are all handmade and all include a squeaker as an extra attention getter. Kids just think they are fascinating and then once they squeak, the kids think the Buddies are hilarious. They are fantastic to get kids to look at the camera and smile.







What made you want to start this kind of business?







I am very interested in photography, but honestly and truly don't have "the eye" for it. Nor do I have the talent like most photographers do. I wish I did. So, since I love business and I like to create, I came up with the Shutter Buddies. If I can't take good photographs, why not help those who can? :) Not only that, but nothing pleases me more than hearing from my customers how much they love my Buddies.








Are you a photographer as well, or at least a photo-taking junkie?

Like I said before, I don't have "the eye" for photography. But, I do consider myself a photo-taking junkie so my husband can see pictures of our kids while the Army takes him away from us.


Do you have a favorite photographer that you drool over their photos?

Oh man, I love so many. I love browsing all photography blogs and Facebook pages just to see people's work.






What do you do like to do when you aren't running your business?






Play with my kids, read, spend time with husband, cook, shop at Ross, mow my lawn (seriously) and just be with my little family.

Any advice to someone wanting to start a business?

Make sure it makes you happy. Working while you're unhappy isn't worth it.






Win it.






Required entries:






Like Shutter Buddies http://www.facebook.com/shutterbuddiespage and Pro-tography on Facebook.






Leave a comment on here letting me know your favorite Shutter Buddy.






Extra entries:






Follow Pro-tography on Google Friends






Twitter about contest.






(leave separate comment for each extra entry)






Contest ends:






Aug 22nd

15 comments:

Tina said...

Your Shutter Buddies are very cute! The bird is my favorite and even though I'm a "grown-up" these would even make me smile for the camera! Tina

37Tobin said...

I adore them all.. but the caterpillar is just too cute!

Slester said...

I liked Pro-tography and Shutter Buddies on Facebook:)

http://www.facebook.com/shannon.gammon2

Shannon Gammon
sles79@gmail.com

Slester said...

My Favorite Shutter Buddy is Tom the TOUCAN :)

Shannon Gammon
sles79@gmail.com

Slester said...

I am following Pro-tography on Google Friends:)

GFC:sgammon

Shannon Gammon
sles79@gmail.com

Slester said...

I tweeted about the Contest:)

http://twitter.com/#!/shannongammon

Shannon Gammon
sles79@gmail.com

susan said...

Ilike Randy RAPTOR!
susanerios at hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

My fav is a toss-up between the purple octopus and the caterpillar. They're so cute!

larag1028 said...

I LOVE the frog! They're all very cute, but he's really cute!

larag1028 said...

Oh! And, I like both of you on FB, and I already foloow this blog!

Buckikiddies Photography said...

I love Tom Toucan!

sessions@buckikiddies.com

Nancy said...

I have liked both companies on FB and my favorite Shutter Buddie is Randy the Raptor, he is just to cute!!!

Breanne said...

I love them all. I would say my favorite is the doggie. Fans of both on facebook.

Beauty Boss Agnes said...

What a great idea....its one of those "Why didnt I think of that?" kind of ideas....I love the caterpillar....it beats holding up a toy above the camera and trying to take picture at the same time!

Katie Schuldt said...

My favorite shutter buddy is the caterpillar with the sunflower in a close second! Katie.Schuldt@gmail.com