New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Your first meeting

I was pleased to find out that I do my meetings with my wedding clients the proper way without even knowing it!

Do you know who Gary Fong is? He is a retired photographer turned millionaire inventor. I love this guy's products-and his advice on weddings. I had gotten away from reading his blog for awhile because I was just too busy, but one day I had some free time, so I hopped on it.

He just happened to post a video about where to seat a couple and what kind of table, etc. Things that you may not think about but has a big influence on their opinion of you as a photographer.

(For some reason, blogger isn't letting me embed the video, so Click here)

And this one too.

I always have two or three books on hand for the couple to look through. Shouldn't this be a given? I would hate to have to share a book with my husband-he's sooo slow at looking at things. lol.

I also use our kitchen table for meetings. I make sure they are as comfortable as possible. I have a whole other post on marketing your clients in your home soon to come.

These techniques can be used for any type of session meeting, not just for weddings. Isn't it funny that the littlest things can make such a big difference? What do you do during your first meetings?

13 comments:

Amie said...

While I'm no photographer, I like to take pictures and I can't wait to learn more about how to take better ones.

Thanks for the follow.
Amie

Debra Gray-Elliott said...

Thanks for the follow. Already a follower.

mimilovesall8 said...

Nice blog!
I just followed you. Will you please follow me back?
Thanks, http://mimilovesall8.blogspot.com

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

Thanks, I've already followed you back!

Nikki said...

Following you back! My husband is a professional photographer but I'm just your average "point and shoot girl." I'm looking forward to reading your tips!

YayaOrchid said...

I msgd you asking for your website link so I could follow you. I think this is it. I googled and found it! I'm following you now too. :)

Barb said...

Thanks for the visit and the follow to my blog! The book I'm highlighting today is somewhat scary, but my normal read is a Regency Romance so drop back by - especially this weekend as I'm giving away a book and a gift card!

Barb at Sugarbeat's Books

Lindsey@CrazyMaybeBlog said...

thanks for the follow.. following back!

Unknown said...

New followerer here...I love photography and I am looking forward to reading more of your posts.

Veronica Lee said...

Hi Tess!! WOW!! Love your blog.

Followin on GFC.

Have a nice day!

Tina @ The Blessed Couponer said...

New to the MBC Blog Hop. Following you now and I hope you will visit and follow back! Thanks!

Sheila said...

Great tips! Totally following you!
Hope you can follow back

http://daisyfleurs.blogspot.com

Do you think you'll do a post about photographing babies?

-- Sheila

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

Hi Sheila!
Of course, I'll be posting about babies real soon!
Thanks for the follow!