New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Featured Vendor: Alisha Klein from Sugar and Spice Crochet


Tell us who you are and the name of your business..

Alisha Klein. My Business is Sugar and Spice Crochet

What type of product do you offer to photographers?

I make Handmade crocheted and some knitted hats and photography props ( hanging stork pouches, hammocks, and fringe blankets) for those super sweet newborn photo shoots. I am starting branch out making One of a kind ready to ship items with hand dyed hand spun yarn. I really love that stuff!


What made you want to start this kind of business?

My Grandma taught me when I was about 8 how to crochet. I started with blankets for family members and friends. I really enjoyed making baby blankets and baby shower gifts for a few friends. Last Dec I had a friend mention to me that I should open a etsy shop. I noticed that there was a pretty big market for baby hats which photographers loved so my business kinds grew into photography hat and props!
What is your favorite of your products?

I love the One of A kind hats made from Thick and thin yarn. I only wish I could make my own yarn for them as well ( my next venture). I also making custom items. I just love it when some one has an vision of a hat they want and I am able to make it happen for them.
Are you a photographer as well, or at least a photo-taking junkie?

I wish I was a photographer I just love pictures! I do take a lot of pictures for scrapbooking. Gotta document everything I do lol!




Do you have a favorite photographer that you drool over their photos?

HMMM good question! Right now I really enjoy Itsy bitsy Newborn photography she takes amazing newbie pics. I also LOVE Making Memories Portraits INC. She has used a few of my hats in the most amazing themes! One hat was a dino hat and she actually and the baby wearing it in a large egg with ferns all around, Another theme she did with one of my hats was with a One of a kind white elf hat she did the whole vintage marshmallow set SUPER cute!


What do you do like to do when you aren't running your business?

When I am not busy making hats I am usually vegging out watching TV or sleeping lately LOL. If I do have time I like to scrapbook or just spend time with my hubby and dogs which just had puppies! I could spend all day everyday playing with them!

Any advice to someone wanting to start a business?

Just do what you love. If you don't have a passion or enjoy what you produce you wont be successful. Also always come up with new ideas or product just to keep things fresh!

Thanks so much, Alisha!

1 comments:

Irene said...

Those pictures are amazing!! They make my ovaries hurt! Love your blog-happy to 'meet' you through comment love weekend!!