New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Monday, April 30, 2012

Featured Photographer

There are some photographer blogs that I follow just to drool over their amazing photos. I like certain styles, and PeekaBoo Photos is one of my favorites! I love the backgrounds she uses. Very tasteful and vintage looking. Photo envy!!!

Here is how she knew that photography was her calling...
As long as I can remember I've been into art. I grew up with both a grandma and mom that we're very talented artists. However, I didn't start playing with a camera seriously until college. I majored in graphic design and was required to take a couple of photography classes. I was immediately hooked. After winning a few school awards and feeling pretty confident, I got a job doing some product and lifestyle shots and learned a lot.


Once I had my first baby I decided I wanted to quit my job and start a photography studio in our basement. We invested in some lights and basic studio equipment and went for it. After a couple of years we got so busy that my husband quit his job and started helping full time. He started doing all the outside family shoots and weddings. I started focusing more on newborns and kids in the studio. We continually try to keep things fresh and new and not get stuck with the same backdrops, floors, styles, etc. We don't get bored and people keep coming back for different looks. With #4 child on the way, we're now in the process of trying to scale back the number of shoots we do by continuing to raise our prices. It doesn't seem to work. But it's a good problem to have.












8 comments:

Sheri said...

How beautiful!

Beth said...

I follow her too!

Karen said...

I lvoe the vintage look.

Gina Kleinworth said...

These are stunning! What an amazing dream to come to fruition- I would love that one day!

Cropped Stories said...

I love all of these photographs. The processing is fantastic!

Serendipityissweet said...

Oh my, what gorgeous images! I love learning about other photographers. Thanks for sharing this!

Dude for Food said...

Stunning photos, absolutely beautiful!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Wonderful photos, Thoroughly enjoyed a browse through their site too.