New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Out of commission



I woke up yesterday to a gurgling tummy. Not the hungry gurgle. The I-feel-like-puking-gurgle. By mid morning, I could barely move. Every inch of my body ached. My stomach felt like it was being punched from the inside out and I was freezing even though I had on two pairs of sweats , a sweatshirt, mittens and two blankets.



I hate it when I get the flu.


Luckily, I was alone during the day to be miserable. Well, me and the animals. I laid on one of our couches and Sam, our cat, laid on the other. He usually has to lay on my lap, but I think he didn't know what was going on.



Bella, our dog, laid faithfully on the floor next to the couch I was on. Dogs are like that. I think I would trust Bella to have my back over the cat.

It killed me not to be able to do much needed work on the computer. I wanted to email some vendors about networking and return client's emails. All I could do was suck on peppermints and sip water. Oh, and think about how I hadn't got around to making out my will-feeling like your dying makes you think about things like that.



When the hubby got home, he brought in the mail and I noticed a package with all the letters. I remembered that I had ordered some press printed cards from WHCC (I love them!) the day before. I just can't get used to how fast their shipping time is! I got the idea from Sarah Petty of Joy of Marketing and it made sense. Clients will take you more serious if your price list looks more professional. I was just printing out my contract which included prices.



I wanted to jump off the couch and see how they turned out, but I couldn't. They would have to wait.


After awhile (and two Advils), I finally felt well enough to get up. Of course, the first thing I did was open my package. When I saw the cards, I squealed-LOOOOVE IT!




Obviously, these are for my wedding clients. My next ones will be the senior cards. These are 5x5 folded cards. I was worried that they would be too small, but I like the size. I got the 5x7 envelopes-learning my lesson that the postage is too expensive to use the 5x5 envelopes.




I'm back to work today- after putting the house back together. I can't believe how fast a house can get messy when there isn't a mom keeping things together!

4 comments:

Tara said...

what info is on the inside of the cards?

love the cards btw!

hope you feel better!!

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

It lists my package info and talks a bit about me. :)

Unknown said...

is this something you intend to send to people who have made an inquiry?
i like the senior idea - i was just wondering how you intended to use them. :o)

Tess @ Pro-tography 101 said...

I will use them when meeting with couple and referring to package and if out of town client askes.