New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Mixbook Review



I had the opportunity to review a custom photo book from Mixbook and I jumped on it because I wanted to get a book made of my youngest, Emily. I was given the 11x 8.5 Classic Landscape book.

Instead of doing my own design layout, I decided to try out one of their premade templates.


This one is called The Rad Plaid.


Very cute!


I have to say, I was nervous using a template, since I'm very anal about doing my own designs. But I liked the way it turned out. The designs were very girlie and cute. They have lots of other templates as well to suit any taste.


I think it's something that photographers could use for their portrait sessions, or weddings. If you don't want to use a template, you can just use a blank custom photo book and insert your own designs.


I also liked that it didnt take very long to print and ship. Sometimes I'm waiting many weeks for my books-I hate that!!



I have used many printing companies, so I had quality to compare to. There are some I would never use again-I won't say who-but, Mixbook is not one of them! quality is great. The binding is solid. A thumbs up for Mixbook!


Mixbook is one of our sponsors in our upcoming HUGE giveaway this coming week-so, check back to enter our grand opening giveaway to win your own photo book!


1 comments:

Michelle Stiles said...

Thanks for the review. I am always hesitant to take time with an unknown source.