New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Friday, April 8, 2011

Friday Photog Finds

It's Friday already!

I hope this weekend will be a nice one. I've been itching to take some photos of nature. I have to check out a location where I'm shooting a wedding in a couple of weeks also-what are your plans this weekend?

This Friday, I wanted to share with you my finds on flooring.

Have you wondered how photographer's find those beautiful floors they use for their photos, or how can they afford to have fancy flooring in their studios?


Well, most use faux floors! I'm sure everyone has heard of these floorings, and probably checked into getting them, and maybe have a few. I have flooring, but no rugs yet. I decided to do some research on finding some resources to obtaining faux (fake) flooring.


This is what I found...


A popular place to find faux flooring is The Savvy Photographer.



They have different patterns and their prices run from between $17-$180. They have a good reputation and pretty floors.


Photo Floors have a big variety of faux floors. They are a bit expensive- $270-$630 - but they have very beautiful rugs that you can get at a large size if you wanted.

Here is one example.


Very pretty!


If you want to save some money, you can also find some faux rugs at Bargain Outfitters. They run half the price at $29-$99. They have limited designs compared to the other places, but can still give you enough to work with.


You can buy two small rugs and stick together for under the cost of one big one.

Good deal!


If that's still too expensive to you, can find paper "barnwood" rolls at Michaels for I think around $4.99. I use these for backgrounds and they work great! Look back in their school area.


Here is a shot I did with it.



Now, if you don't want to mess with storing flooring, I found a very cool site that sells PSD overlays that turn your floor into different flooring! SugarSnapper’s Floored! collection makes it easy for you to eliminate lugging big rugs around to clients’ homes.




Their collections are $65 per collection, or $165 for three.


So, there you have it! You don't have to blame expense or space to stop you from producing beautiful floor photos like the pros!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

How cool. Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am following. Can't wait to see more.