New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Do you have a home studio?

Upon reading other photography bloggies, it seems like most run a studio out of their home. I am one of those photographers, though I hate using it-at least where I have it. We live in a ranch that we've outgrown years ago, but haven't found the perfect home to move into. I can't decide if I want to take a big step and move out to the country to have nature's backdrop in my backyard, or just use parks and live in the "city" still.

Anyway, my studio is set up in our recroom and I hate the lack of natural light and the "basement feel" of it.

My other option is to invest in a studio outside of my home. We have a great art building that rents out studio space for cheap and the old walls and windows would make great backgrounds for indoor photos.

Where I live (Iowa) we have more cold seasons then warm ones, so it's hard to not have any studio space to stay in business. I know there are photographers that go to client's homes, but I really don't feel comfortable with that- I like to be prepared and really not fond of lugging equipment around.

So, for right now I'm stuck using what I have now for a studio, but at least the weather will start getting nicer out to start doing outdoor photos.

What kind of studio (if any) do you have? Do you wish you had one outside of your home and vice versa?

0 comments: