New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Thursday, June 14, 2012

Overload

I am terrible about cleaning out my computers. I keep gigs upon gigs of wedding photos and unedited jpegs. I always intend to delete them or put them on a cd or other storage, but never get around to it. I think part of me thinks it's safest on my hard drive for some unknown crazy reason.

Last week, I decided to defrag my laptop because it was running so slow. While I was starting it, my husband came home and asked what I was doing. When I started to complain about my computer running slow, he looked at my C drive and yelled out, "HOLY MOLY! You're drive is almost full! You are a data hoarder..."

A data hoarder? I thought about it for a minute and then shook my head in agreement.

That's what I was.

He turned and left the room and came back with an external drive. It was the one he had bought me for Christmas three years ago that I never touched. He plugged it into my computer and said, "See? It's easy to use. Just drag the files to this and delete them off your computer."


I started to go through my files and deleted ones I really didn't need and copied the rest to this drive. I fell in love immediately. I could have the best of both worlds. I didn't need to totally get rid of all my treasured images and have a computer that didn't whine for power.


My husband came back over to me and my happy laptop and noticed how much fun I was having. He casually mentioned that there were external hard drives that were even bigger than the one I had.

OMG.


I looked at him and just said, "I know what you are getting me for Christmas-and I'll use it this time..."

3 comments:

Sarah said...

way cute!

Anonymous said...

Haha-data hoarder!

Tara said...

how fun!! I need an external hard drive stat!!