New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Rock Star




I spent this weekend watching Creativelive's 3 day event with Zach and Jody Gray.



It was awesome! At the same time, it was overwhelming. I got lots of info, like great ideas for customer service and some lighting ideas.
I love the energy that Zach and Jody bring to the table. If you haven't listened to them, you should. They really get you pumped up. I even found myself saying "You're a rock star!" all weekend (Zach was calling everyone a rock star. lol.)


What I took from that weekend of soaking in all the info they gave was that customer service is the key to success for any business. You need to stand out in the sea of photographers. Clients won't know the difference between who's the best photographer and someone who takes great photos. They won't have any idea what's the best camera. When they hunt through all the hundreds of photographer's websites, they won't remember who took what.


Maybe once photographers understand this, we will have to start competing with who gives the best service opposed to quality of our work. Let's hope not!


I got some great ideas that I will start using with my clients ( and some I already do!). I hope to make a big jump by next year, so I need to work on standing out with that great customer service reputation this year. I'm excited!


I just hope that photographers in my area haven't tapped into these awesome ideas.


Shhh! Don't tell!

1 comments:

Frank said...

I so agree! You have to have personality as well to succeed.