New book

Photo Nuts and Post is the third installation in the Photo Nuts series and it just launched!
Written by professional photographer, Neil Creek, it gives you the tools you need to make processing work for you. Even if you have experience in editing, you can always learn new tricks.
To celebrate, they are offering 33% off if you buy today -Click here to read more!

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Featured Vendor: Love By CC

Today's featured Vendor is Candice from LoveBy CC . She makes beautiful baby props!







Tell us about yourself and your business...


Hello there! I am Candice from LoveByCC. I am a 24 year old (going on 25) who loves to make create things and see my things in use. My business, LoveByCC, started when I started crocheting and it has just taken off, more than I could ever ask for. I am so lucky to be able to do this, something I really love, while going to school full time.


What type of product do you offer to photographers?


LoveByCC offers many different types of photography props for photographers. I am sure every photographer has a stash of different props, whether it be for family photography, wedding, animals, etc. LoveByCC specializes in newborn and baby props, however we have made things for adults as well! I hand-crochet all my props with love and care. I spend the time needed for the attention to detail for each and every prop going out to my customers. I want to make sure that you all, as my wonderful customers, get an item that you want to keep around forever. LoveByCC offers newborn and baby hats, cocoons, blankets, and more.


What made you want to start this kind of business?


I really started LoveByCC as a hobby to make a few extra dollars here and there. I didn't realize there was a huge market out there for photography props. My business took off extremely quickly to the point of where I had to quit my job. I absolutely love what I do and I think that is important in the hand-made business. I am lucky!


What is your favorite of your products?


I honestly don't have a favorite product of mine. I love making each and every one. My favorite part is to see photos of my products on the little babies. I think my favorite category of my products are my hats. I always imagine my little hat on the little noggin of a cute baby. It really is a pleasure to be making these items for all the photographers and the babies that will be wearing them!


Are you a photographer as well, or at least a photo-taking junkie?


I am not a professional photographer, however, I LOVE taking photos of my props and my dog. I have a 50mm 1.4 lens and I can say it was the best investment I made for my camera. I also got a faux wood mat that is wonderful for my props to lay on when I am taking a photo of them!


Do you have a favorite photographer that you drool over?


I do have a favorite photographer but I am partial to her because she does all my photos for my shop. She was a customer of mine and we started out around the same time. It is fun watching both of us grow together! Her photography is Moments ByJennifer. I also LOVE Pumpkin Pie Photography, Kelley Ryden, and Tracy Raver. There are many others but those would probably be my favorites.



What do you do like to do when you aren't running your business?


When am I not running my business! haha, I love to spend time with my wonderful boyfriend and my dog. I am almost always working in my awake hours. If I am not working, I like to go to Disneyland, see my friends, and spend some time with my best friend, who is my mom!



Any advice to someone wanting to start a business?


Just remember, when having your own business, you probably will be working more than 40 hours a week. I spend pretty much every waking moment on my business, whether it be promoting through Facebook, completing orders, emailing customers, shopping for supplies, or shipping packages. It is a lot of work but it is worth it in the end if you are doing what you love to do!



For upcoming specials and to see new items:



Thanks, Candice!

2 comments:

cassandrasminicorner said...

Thank's for following me in GFC.. I'm now following you back..

Have a great day!

Michelle-Nicholle said...

I love the pictures of the babies! Especially the lion. Thanks for stopping by my blog from MBC!